A loose micro-USB port is a common problem that happens because of many reasons.
Micro USB ports are one of the most common ports on smartphones and tablets. It is used to charge your device, transfer data such as pictures and music, and many other functions. If this port gets loose, then it will give you a lot of problems.
The cause of loose micro-USB ports is many. It can happen due to lack of care while charging, over usage, or just because of normal wear and tear.
How To Fix Loose Micro USB Port Is Not Charging Issue
In this post, we will learn how to fix this problem. This is a common issue with almost all Android devices. Even if your device is not charging using this port, you can still fix it easily.
There are many possible solutions for this issue, so if one method doesn’t work for you, then try some other method.
We are going to discuss how these ports come loose and what are the different ways in which you can tighten them.
Three Ways To Fix The Loose Micro USB Port
There are many ways to fix your loose micro USB port/s. These methods are also effective if your USB gets stuck in port every time you plug it in. We will discuss all the methods below one by one.
1. Check for debris or lint in the port
This is one of the most obvious things to check when your device’s micro USB port becomes loose or wobbly.
To fix this problem, all you need to do is remove any debris or lint stuck in the port. You can use a dry cloth, cotton swab, or even carefully use a needle to remove the debris.
You can also use a toothpick. Gently twists it into the micro-USB port to remove any obstruction.
Another way to clean debris is to use compressed air to blow out any dust that may have built up inside the phone’s charging port.
You can also apply a bit of rubbing alcohol to a cotton swab or a dry cloth and clean the inside of the port where you’ll be inserting the micro USB cable.
Check our detailed article on How to clean USB C ports.
2. Use epoxy glue or super glue to fix it
You can use epoxy glue or super glue to fix your loose micro USB port. It is one of the most effective ways to fix your problem. You can follow the method below to fix this issue:
- Take a toothpick and add a small drop of superglue, epoxy glue, or hot glue to it.
- Carefully place the drop on either side of your micro USB port
- Spread it in the USB port and let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Insert your USB cable to check if it works.
Epoxy glue can be used as a temporary solution to hold your port steady until you have time to fix the problem permanently.
3. Try using a different cable, if available
Sometimes the problem is not with your micro USB port. It can be your charger or USB cable. So, try using a different USB cable or charger to fix it. Mostly charging cable start wearing out or stop working after some time. So if you have a different cable, then it will resolve the problem immediately.
How to prevent loose micro USB port
Prevention is better than cure. So, to prevent your micro USB port from getting loose again, keep the following tips in mind:
- Avoid charging your phone overnight
- Be careful while inserting a USB cable to charge your device or transferring data. Do it very gently.
- Always unplug your USB cable by holding the connector. Never pull out the cable using the cord.
- Avoid overcharging your phone. Try to unplug it when the battery is full so that you avoid extra heat in the port.
- Insert USB cable gently.
- Keep your phone and USB cable dry.
- Keep your phone clean.
- Use protective gear while riding a bike or driving a car to avoid jerks on the device, which can make your micro USB port loose.
- Avoid dropping your phone frequently.
So, in this post, we have discussed many possible fixes when your phone’s micro USB port becomes loose and causes charging issues.
If your phone’s micro USB port becomes loose constantly, then avoid using it for charging or transferring data. You can fix this problem yourself by following some of the above-discussed solutions.
If none of these steps work, try taking your phone into an authorized service center for help fixing this problem.
Hope you like this article. If you have any queries or suggestions, then please use the comment box below.
Thanks for reading it! Cheers!
Check: Cool USB Gadgets and devices